Our school philosophy focuses on training the whole human mind of the students to make them creative thinkers and become good and responsible citizens; We believe, to achieve these through facilitating them to acquire skills, knowledge and positive attitude in social, spiritual, intellectual and moral education, classroom and extracurricular activities.
As a school we promote co operative values of :
- Self awareness and respect for/or to other creeds.
- Dynamic curriculum which includes leadership skills, problem solving skills, entrepreneurship, sports, self-confidence and discipline.
- Ethical knowledge such as honesty, openness, social responsibility and understanding to accept responsibility towards the community and nation at large.
Aims and Objectives
Helasita is concerned with building self awareness and open minded students. This education taken in the broader sense includes an increased responsibility for the student's social, moral, spiritual and emotional development, in addition to our traditional interest in academic proficiency. It recognizes the individuality and worth of every student and aims to:
- providing opportunities for each student to grow as an individual and realise his unique potential through the achievement of realistic self-set goals;
- enriching the lives of its pupils through encouraging their participation in the School’s varied cultural and sporting programme;
- Enabling students develop an understanding of current trends taking place in our fast changing world so that they may embrace those morally acceptable to our national ethics and discard those, which are not acceptable in our communities.
- Inculcating in our students the spirit and value of love and respect for human dignity and patriotism regardless of one's social status, tribe, race and religion.
Life at School
Helasita Secondary School promises to offer quality education by continually reviewing its quality control activities and learning process by taking into consideration the following pedagogical elements:
The school promises to make effort in understanding about the students background(academic, family matters and other aspects) in order to decide the most appropriate course of action to help such students.
The school promises to use experience and creativity of teachers, students and non teaching staff to come up with the best ways of engaging students to develop skills and knowledge which will enable them to think critically.
The School promises to provide all essential opportunities to the students that will challenge their imagination and freedom of the will to choose the beat possible course of action from what they have already learned in the past.
We also promise to lay effective foundations for the students to have real life reflection from their theoretical knowledge.
A number of evaluation techniques will be used including, quizzes, questionnaires, tests, projects, interviews and others.